I love to plan and I love to plan ahead. I just purchased my planner for the year 2011 and I am getting excited about my goals and desires for the new year. Here are a list of some things I look forward to accomplishing, and even more important, how I plan on accomplishing them.
1. Be a better cook-Be a healthier eatier
2. Eat Clean
– I decided to learn to adapt the “Eat Clean” lifestyle for my husband and I. The basic principles are to eat from the earth and avoid processed foods. I recently purchased the Eat Clean cookbook and plan to cook my way through it. I hope to learn to be a better cook and work more with vegetables and meats in my kitchen. It will be a manageable 3 recipes a week. I hope to replace the seafood recipes with additional new recipes found in the Eat Clean magazine (my husband and I do not eat seafood). This should be fun!
2. Practice Yoga
– I have always wanted to adapt this form of exercise into my routine to promote flexibility and stress management. Fortunately I am surrounded by yoga studios and will have no problem finding one.
3. Learn the Piano
– Yet again I see this resolution staring me in the face. I learned to sew and enjoyed the afforadability of classes at the local comunity college. I plan to do the same with piano. My mother and father in law have generously vounterred the use of thier piano while I trial this out. I plan to take classes in the Spring.
4. Run a marathon
– I have signed up for the Austin full in Febuary but have not had good luck training. I plan to sign up for the Disney Marathon in Jan 2012 and train for it. I recently purchased a heart rate monitor for training and just need to buy some new kicks.
5. Save $
– My husband and I are attempting to adapt to the Dave Ramsey style of money budgeting and saving. Thanks to the generosity of our friends and families, we have aleady been able to put the initial $1000 in savings from the wedding and are going to work towards increasing our savings and paying off our cars. Hopefully saving for a down payment on a house.
6. Find my “happy job”
– I currently work nights and days. I have a crazy schedule and an even crazier sleep schedule. I hope to find a job that can contribute to our current financial stability but allow me to be home with my husband nights, weekends, and holidays.
7. Be the best friend/sister/daugher/wife…
– I hope to be better at staying in touch with all my loved ones. It is so hard to be so far away AND so very busy in my own life, but I hope to better at correspondence. Maybe some little notes or beter at picking up the phone to say hello.
8. Go oveseas
– I would really like Matt and I to take a nice trip overseas next year.
9. Increase my spiritual self
– Im looking for a church that can grow me in a spiritual need and make me a stronger and better person
10. Go back to school (or figure out my next career step)
11. Anti-againg skin regimine
12. Begin a weekly weight lifting regimine to create my fittest and tonest self
That should be enough! Looking forward to an exciting new year.
What are your resolutions? Any resolutions that are hanging over from last year?